1. How can I get started wtih Community Support Professionals?
All it takes is a telephone call. Call us at (910) 799-4505. Our office is open 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday. You can refer yourself for services, or may be referred by your doctor, therapist or other professional concerned with your care.
2. Who is eligible for services with Community Support Professionals?
Any adult with mental health and / or substance abuse needs who is currently receiving Medicaid is eligible for services.
3. What parts of North Carolina do you serve?
Community Support Professionals, LLC offices are located in Wilmington, North Carolina, and the agency provides services in three southeastern counties: New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender.
4. I don’t have a car! Can you meet with me in my home, or in the community?
Yes! We will meet with you in your residence, in our office, at a shelter or in the community. We will also work with you to help you develop familiarity and comfort with local transportation options, like the city bus system, to help you increase self-reliance.
5. I’m homeless. Can Community Support Professionals help me find housing?
In many cases, we are able to work with landlords to find suitable housing for individuals who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. We will help you complete applications for housing and will help you find out if you are eligible for financial benefits or help in paying rent.
6. I don’t have Medicaid and I need help with my mental illness. What can I do?
If you are struggling with mental health problems and do not have Medicaid coverage, you can contact Southeastern Center ( Coastal Care ) at (910) 332-6847 for assistance.
7. Does the agency have a therapist or psychiatrist?
Yes! We have a full staff that includes a psychiatrist, nurses, therapists, case managers/QMHPs, field staff and peer support staff with diverse backgrounds in mental health, individual therapy, family therapy, and substance abuse.
8. What Insurance(s) do you accept?
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, Cigna, United Healthcare, Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), Humana and many more. Insurance participation is subject to change so we will always confirm with the isurance carrier about any plan requirements and/or restrictions.